group general counsel and company secretary
Christopher Miers leads the in-house legal team and board office at the National Heart Foundation of Australia with passion, integrity, and expertise, using a solution-based and collaborative approach, to help put an end to Australia’s biggest killer – heart disease.
Miers’ achievements over the past 12 months, include:
- acting as the group CEO for the national organisation;
- being the workstream and transformational lead for legal and governance, tasked with unifying and centralising the Heart Foundation nationally;
- building the legal team as the trusted advisors to the business, having opened and responded to nearly 600 new matters since January 2020;
- playing a key role in rolling out the multi-million-dollar “Serial Killer” marketing campaign which saw the implementation of a designated Medicare item to cover the much-needed heart health medical check-up for all Australians; and
- securing tri-partisan support from the government to continue the fight against heart disease.