senior legal counsel
Brendan Wright, in his five years with Mitre 10, has demonstrated a keen eye for strategy and a strong project discipline in developing the legal function of the business, particularly in the past 12 months when the New Zealand chain of home improvement stores achieved record turnover of $1.6 billion in a very challenging market impacted by COVID-19.
Wright recently the legal aspect of the largest and most complex IT project undertaken by Mitre 10 – the launch of a new ERP system to be used across the company’s support centre and 85 stores. His other initiatives include:
- supporting the business through the COVID-19 restriction period, including leading rent relief and associated leasing discussions across Mitre 10’s large property portfolio nationwide;
- leading the development and leasing aspects of a number of multi-million MEGA store property redevelopment projects across the country;
- leading Mitre 10’s preparation for the incoming Privacy Act changes, including internal data breach reporting processes and privacy impact assessments;
- advising on the long-term renegotiation of a number of Mitre 10’s cornerstone supply relationships, including Stanley Black & Decker, Bosch and Hafele; and
- embedding Mitre 10’s new SaaS contract management system across the business.