Over half of the firm’s partners are either ranked or recommended by the guide
Anthony Harper’s IP partner Mark Gavin has been inducted into the Legal 500 Asia Pacific’s Hall of Fame.
“The Hall of Fame highlights individuals who have received constant praise from their clients for continued excellence. It represents the law firm partners who are at the pinnacle of the profession,” the firm said.
Gavin was honoured for his work in leading Anthony Harper’s “small but highly proficient” IP team, the guide said.
“The practice is based around the vast experience of lead partner Mark Gavin, whose work spans copyright, trademarks, brand protection, design, passing off, Fair Trading Act and confidential information disputes,” the Legal 500 Asia Pacific said. “As well as handling IP aspects of joint ventures, sale and purchase agreements and investments, the firm has a strong flow of work in the commercialisation of IP, including licensing and R&D collaboration, as well as trademark protection, disputes and privacy matters.”
Gavin works alongside solicitor Ahana Palande. The team’s clients include Louis Vuitton, Under Armour, Caterpillar Inc and Intel.
The IP partner is also one of just two IP specialists in New Zealand to be ranked as a Band 1 lawyer in Chambers and Partners 2021, Anthony Harper said.
In addition to Gavin’s accolade, more than half of the firm’s partners are either ranked or recommended by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific, which Anthony Harper said was “a huge endorsement of our depth of expertise with our speciality areas.”
The ranked lawyers are as follows:
- Dan Hughes – litigation and insolvency
- Nigel Oliver – banking and finance
- Grant Goldsmith – banking and finance
- David Gould – corporate advisory
- Alex Campbell – corporate advisory
- Malcolm Hurley – corporate advisory
- Chris Dann – logistics and transport
- Ed Dunphy – property
- Tim Barclay – property
- Tim Bunker – property
- Peter Woods – litigation
- Karen Kemp – litigation
- Crispin Vinnell – insolvency and corporate recovery
- Kathryn McKinney – employment
- Nicola Tiffen – immigration
- Grant Nicholson – health and safety
- Bridget Riley – tax
- Nick Summerfield – financial services
Anthony Harper said that this was the first year in which the firm had been recognised in the tax field.
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific also ranked the following Anthony Harper lawyers as Rising Stars:
- Pip Breitmeyer – banking and finance
- Alice von Batenburg – banking and finance
- Jessica Hanning – property/construction
- Chloe Jolliffe – insolvency and corporate recovery
- Lynne Van – insolvency and corporate recovery