The discussion will emphasise the importance of anticipating and mitigating emerging risks in a challenging time
At this year’s NZ In-house Legal Summit, Airways New Zealand GC and customer engagement GM Katie Bhreatnach will be sharing the insights she has gained through her experience with driving innovation in the session on risk management strategies for in-house counsel.
The discussion will emphasise the importance of anticipating and mitigating emerging risks in light of new government regulations and the expected uptick in litigation.
The session dives into the following points:
- effectively aligning the services of in-house counsel with the organisation’s risk tolerance
- understanding the current and emerging risks and concerns of colleagues and leaders across the organisation
- creating risk management strategies, standards and practices for day-to-day services and advice
In addition to asking, “do in house lawyers manage risk or drive innovation?” Bhreatnach will also be highlighting the valuable role of Matauranga Maori in creating long-term value for her.
In-house lawyers from organisations like Bank of New Zealand, Lion, McDonald’s, Airways New Zealand and NZ Post will also share their expertise on topics like:
- examining recent trends in extraterritorial issues
- creating a strong culture of compliance across the business
- future implications of recent anti-trust, competition, and contract law updates
The NZ In-house Legal Summit will be held on 16 November at the Cordis Auckland. The full agenda for the full-day event can be found here.