Piper Alderman guides garden retailer Rocky Point on sell down deal with Hyne Group

Hyne Group will pick up a 60% stake in the garden business

Piper Alderman guides garden retailer Rocky Point on sell down deal with Hyne Group

Piper Alderman has advised retailer Rocky Point in the sell down of a 60% stake in its garden business to the Hyne Group.

Hyne Group chief executive officer Jon Kleinschmidt said this was an exciting new chapter for both the Hyne Group and Rocky Point. “Rocky Point is a great partnership opportunity, and together, we can grow our businesses, delivering even better, world-class products and services into the future.”

“This will create opportunities for future growth while allowing our generational family business to execute succession planning for future generations. The partnership will open a new chapter where we can focus on manufacturing quality products at a national level,” Rocky Point chief executive officer Matt Keith said.

Most Read

Rocky Point supplies premium quality products to the retail garden, nursery, agriculture, home gardeners and erosion management industries. The company started in 1949 as a sugar cane farm. The Rocky Point brand has grown into five divisions across multiple growth industries. Its “Better Earth” initiatives include recycling, supply, packaging, education, and forum.

Rocky Point agreed to supply premium quality products to the retail garden, nursery, agriculture, home gardeners and erosion management industries to the Hyne Group, which prides itself on sustainably and locally sourced feedstock. Under the deal, Hyne Group will hold a 60% interest in Rocky Point’s garden business, while Rocky Point will retain the remaining 40%.

The Piper Alderman team that advised Rocky Point included lead partner Andrew Rankin, special counsel Claren Klavsen, and senior associate Kara Pennisi. The team provided advice on the share sale agreement and the shareholders’ agreement between the parties, which will govern the partnership in the future. The team also advised Rocky Point concerning an internal business restructuring to facilitate the sell-down of its interest to the Hyne Group.

“We are delighted to have assisted Rocky Point on this transaction, as the business has been looking for opportunities for future growth while allowing their family business to implement succession planning for future generations,” Rankin said.

Recent articles & video

Nine promoted to partner at HSF's Australia branch

Brisbane BTR project kicks off with Ashurst's help

ABL assists betr on merge with Bluebet

Litera in-house incubator rolls out AI deal term database

Federal Court delivers verdict in Bruce Lehrmann’s defamation suit

KWM pitches in on $3.5bn raising for Kinetic

Most Read Articles

Hall & Wilcox partner: ‘What we do is tangible’

QIC GC joins HSF as executive counsel

US law firm Weil, Gotshal & Manges to end mainland China operation

DLA Piper helps Indian tech company to boost customer service offering with acquisition