12 of the new partners were part of a record promotions round at the firm
Ashurst’s partnership in Australia has expanded significantly with 13 new additions.
The firm elevated a dozen lawyers across its Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne offices as part of a record promotions round that has a total of 25 joining the Ashurst global partnership effective 1 May. The firm also announced on Tuesday that Miriam Kleiner would be a partner with the firm’s legal governance advisory team.
“Miriam is one of only a handful of truly specialist governance lawyers in Australia. With her extensive experience providing head office advisory and company secretarial advice to ASX-listed companies and large non-listed entities, Miriam will add enormously to the expertise and execution capabilities of the legal governance advisory team,” legal governance advisory team head Rob Hanley said.
Jamie Ng, who is the global head of Ashurst’s consulting business, added that Kleiner’s appointment is “the latest step in the development of Ashurst's global governance advisory practice with corporate governance specialists” following the appointment of London’s Will Chalk and Germany’s Florian Drinhausen.
Kleiner joins the following 12 new Australia-based partners promoted last week:
- Nathan Bellgrove – Ashurst Advance Delivery
- Laura Hillhouse – transport and infrastructure
- Thomas Storer – dispute resolution
- Steve Whittington – tax
- Matthew Worsfold – Ashurst Risk Advisory
- Samantha Carroll – finance regulatory
- Tamara Lutvey – employment
- Melissa Yeo – dispute resolution
- Campbell Johnston – global loans
- Joanna Lawrence – IP/media
- Gwladys Ngo Tedga Yagla – Ashurst Risk Advisory
- Morgan Spain – dispute resolution
Outside Australia, the following lawyers were promoted in the UK and Europe:
- Richard Bulmore – RSSG, London
- Francesca Downes – corporate transactions, London
- Jacob Gold – corporate transactions, London
- Briony Holcombe – global loans, London
- Samuel Outtridge – transport and infrastructure, London
- Matthew Pentecost – global loans, London
- Dallan Pitman – corporate transactions, London
- Ciaran Vinaccia – global markets, London
- Tim West – dispute resolution, London
- Molly Woods – corporate transactions, London
- Ricardo García-Borregón – tax, Madrid
- Annamaria Pinzuti – energy and resources, Milan
- Annalisa Santini – global loans, Milan
“This is the largest ever cohort of new partners in our history, reflecting our continued commitment to invest in the future of our global firm and our people, and demonstrating the confidence we have about the growth opportunities that lie ahead,” Ashurst global chair Karen Davies said. “As 2022 marks Ashurst's 200-year anniversary, the new partner cohort represents the next generation of diverse leaders who will continue to make Ashurst extraordinary.”