legal, regulatory, and sustainability director
Juliet Jones is an outstanding and highly regarded legal leader who leads and works with the Vodafone New Zealand legal team across a broad range of areas, including corporate, litigation, regulatory, and material transactions, to ensure the business continues to grow and innovate in a fast-moving and highly disruptive digital-based industry.
Over the past 12 months, Jones has played a crucial role in the following initiatives:
- the sale by Vodafone Group Plc of Vodafone New Zealand Limited to a consortium of Infratil and Brookfield for $3.4 billion
- setting the overarching strategy for Vodafone’s spectrum, including for the launch of NZ’s first 5G mobile network in December 2019, which required the legal team to lead multiple commercial negotiations, and input on product design and marketing strategy
- increasing Vodafone’s stake in a JV for retail stores
- new retail distribution partnership with Noel Leeming Group
- wholesale mobile virtual network operator (‘MVNO’) deal with Kogan
- in response to the COVID-19 crisis, Jones and her team assisted with the rapid design and roll-out of offers to support customers, worked across the business to develop clear objective criteria for hardship eligibility, gave guidance to support prioritisation of service requests from government and business customers, and identified and notified certain suppliers to Vodafone of their essential service status.