Twenty-four outstanding counsels made the rank this year
The verdict is in on the 2020 NZ Lawyers’ In-house Leaders, with 24 legal professionals standing above the rest for demonstrating leadership and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and creativity to achieve excellent results and meet the needs of their organisations.
This year’s In-house Leaders, selected from nominations from across the profession, all have proven track records of achievement throughout their careers to date. They came from a variety of industries, including media and telecommunications, insurance and finance, sports, construction, and more.
Many of this year’s winners have actively responded to the challenges of COVID-19. There were also those who successfully strengthened their legal team, dealt with major litigations, embraced innovations, and drove the growth of their business, clinching mega deals and building partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
The 2020 NZ Lawyers’ In-house leaders are as follows:
- Alex Nicholson, MediaWorks
- Amanda Greenwood, The Fletcher Construction Company
- Andrew Cordner, Fonterra Co-operative Group
- Blair Williams, IAG
- Brendan Wright, Mitre 10 (New Zealand)
- Chris Smith, New Zealand Cricket
- Cristina Billett, Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation
- Emily Acland, Vocus
- Grant Pritchard, Spark New Zealand
- Hayley Cassidy, Bank of New Zealand
- Henry Stokes, Perpetual Guardian
- Jo Wong, SkyCity Entertainment Group
- Julian Benefield, Foodstuffs North Island
- Juliet Jones, Vodafone New Zealand
- Katie Bhreatnach, Airways New Zealand
- Louise Hill, Stride Investment Management
- Malcolm Shaw, New Zealand Post
- Malcolm Swan, McDonalds
- Megan Potter, CooperAitken
- Melissa Anastasiou, Spark New Zealand
- Paris Bree, New Zealand Oil & Gas
- Stephanie Manning, Canterbury District Health Board
- Tim Peacocke, Samsung Electronics
- Vanessa Simons, Kiwi Wealth
Click here to see the full report.