The firm also elevated 10 lawyers, who represent all of the firm’s practice groups across Australia
Insurance litigators Carolyn Coventry and Luke Woolley, and head of pro bono and community Hannah Rose, have been promoted to special counsel.
Coventry, who is based in Sydney, has extensive experience in general liability claims, acting for insurers and corporations. Part of the firm’s commercial insurance group, she also advises insurers on coverage, and acts on first-party property losses recovery.
Also based in Sydney is Rose, who is a specialist on the establishment, structure, governance, compliance obligations, and operations of not-for-profit organisations. She also advises on professional indemnity and directors’ and officers’ coverage and defends professionals and directors against claims.
Woolley, who is a part of the firm’s insurance statutory lines group in Canberra, acts on Commonwealth workers’ compensation and administrative law matters. He advises on liability, quantum and settlement prospects, and claims resolution. He regularly appears in merits review proceedings in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal and in judicial review proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia.
The firm’s new senior associates are:
- Lauren Bultitude-Paull - Insurance, Perth
- Rui Chen - Insurance, Sydney
- James Clohesy - Insurance, Sydney
- Jenna Cotterill - Corporate and commercial, Newcastle
- Leith Helsdon - Government, Melbourne
- Edward Osborne - Insurance, Sydney
- Matt Parker - Workplace, Newcastle
- Mark Prosser - Corporate and commercial, Newcastle
- Calvin Tay - Corporate and commercial, Melbourne
- Melissa Teo - Insurance, Melbourne
Litigators elevated to partnership
National firm proves social responsibility commitment