Hall & Wilcox continues to deliver Smarter Law, which means being imaginative, agile, tech savvy, and collaborative in delivering clients’ objectives.
Some client solutions delivered by Smarter Law over the past year are:
- CLEAR (Common Law Early Assessment Review) app, a web-based tool that helps self-insurers monitor their potential liabilities and manage them in a way that will dramatically reduce legal costs;
- Yuebot, a robot that conducts and saves searches of alternative market rates of hire vehicles, using appropriate filters, and makes the data available through an app;
- a property e-contracting tool that digitises the signing processes for large residential projects along with a client portal to track sales contracting progress and access signed contracts;
- an upgraded Frank, a startup advisory practice that assists entrepreneurs and offers a startup accelerator program, Frank Lab, and workshops with external experts on valuation methods and financing options;
- AI web apps that facilitate more efficient legal decision-making internally, and provide legal solutions to insurance clients online;
- a prototype application for helping clients with their marketing review process, to realise their innovation vision and test it out internally;
- DocAssist, a system that automates hundreds of documents in the firm’s volume practices, reducing time/cost and improving accuracy of the documents;
- Insurance Incident reporting app, which can be used by insured parties to assess and report incidents using their mobile phones.
Other formal innovation programs implemented by the firm include Grads on Tour (GoT) Hackathon, externally facilitated lunch and learn sessions, immersive multi-day workshops underpinning mindset and change thinking practices, and rapid-fire brainstorming sessions to kickstart self-driven projects.