John W.H. Denton AO is travelling with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to Washington
Corrs Chambers Westgarth partner and CEO John W.H. Denton AO has revealed that his focus on his upcoming trip to Washington DC is to drum up infrastructure investment between Australia and the United States.
Denton is joining Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, state leaders, and other business chiefs in a trip to the US this week. The delegation is attending the National Governor’s Association meeting in Washington DC to celebrate the “First 100 Years of Mateship” between Australia and the US. The event aims to forge stronger economic and polities ties between the two countries.
“With almost $1.5 trillion worth of investment between the two countries, and the US administration now looking to introduce one of the most significant infrastructure investment packages in the country’s history, there is no better time to have these types of discussions,” Denton said.
Denton is the only delegate from a law firm to be invited to join the group.
The delegation will also discuss innovation, energy, and trade issues with US officials, state governors and business leaders during the event.
Other members of the delegation are:
- Ms Vanessa Wallace, non-executive chairman, AMP Capital
- Grant King, president, Business Council Australia
- Jennifer Westacott, chief executive, Business Council Australia
- Ian Narev, CEO, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Andrew Forrest AO, chairman, Fortescue Metals Group
- Peter Freyberg, head of global coal assets, Glencore Australia
- Greg Norman AO, chairman, The Greg Norman Company
- Andrew Burnes, CEO and managing director, Helloworld Travel
- Brett Himbury, chief executive, IFM Investors
- David Whiteley, CEO, Industry Super Australia
- Stephen McCann, group CEO and managing director, Lendlease Corporation
- Rohan Stocker, CEO, Marand
- William (Bill) Morrow, CEO, NBNCo
- Alberto Calderon, CEO, Orica
- Kim Bredhauer, CEO, Palladium International
- Leigh Clifford AO, chairman, Qantas Airways
- Damien Frawley, CEO, Queensland Investment Corporation
- Jean-Sebastien Jacques, CEO, Rio Tinto
- Andrew Bassat, CEO and co-founder, Seek.com
- Kerry Stokes AC, chairman, Seven West Media
- Michael McGee, CEO, Transit Australia Group
- Anthony Pratt, executive chairman, Visy Australia and Pratt Industries USA
- Michael Chaney AO, non-executive chairman, Wesfarmers
John W.H. Denton AO