KWM aids Fairfax in blockbuster merger with Nine

The $4.2bn deal will create one of Australia’s largest integrated media players

KWM aids Fairfax in blockbuster merger with Nine

Fairfax Media tapped King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) to advice on its planned blockbuster merger with Nine Entertainment.

Both media giants have inked a scheme implementation agreement, which paves the way for Nine to become one of Australia’s largest integrated media players. The $4.2bn deal will include Nine’s free-to-air television network, a portfolio of digital businesses (Domain, Stan and 9Now), and Fairfax’s mastheads and radio interests through Macquarie Media.

Nine shareholders will own 51.1% of the combined company, with Fairfax shareholders retaining the remaining 48.9%.

Partners Tim Bednall (M&A) and Sharon Henrick (competition) lead the KWM team. They are supported by partner David Friedlander and senior associates Anthony Boogert and Christopher Kok.

“The proposed transaction illustrated our cross-practice expertise, and we are delighted to have the opportunity to work with Fairfax on this landmark transaction,” Bednall said.

 

Related stories:
KWM acts on historic Tasmanian wind farm
KWM elevates largest senior group in years

 

Free newsletter

Subscribe to our FREE newsletter service and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest breaking news, cutting edge opinion, and expert analysis affecting both your business and the industry as whole.

Please enter your email address below and click on Sign Up for daily newsletters from Australasian Lawyer.

Recent articles & video

Trilby Misso Lawyers announces brand relaunch

Over 50% of UK chambers don’t expect to last six to 12 months, Bar Council study finds

Clayton Utz rings in new financial year with new deputy chief executive partners

Baker McKenzie appoints seven to practice and industry leaders in APAC

$65m equity raising for ASX-listed tech company sees completion with K&L Gates’s help

DWF shuts doors in Brussels and Singapore

Most Read Articles

JWS appoints new managing partner

New managing partner celebrates first day on the job at Carroll & O'Dea Lawyers

McCullough Robertson attracts seasoned partner to insolvency and restructuring practice

Service to others is ‘a way of life’ for Maurice Blackburn principal