Nicole is an IP, Technology and Information Security Principal at EAGLEGATE Lawyers.
With degrees in Law (1st Class Honours), Electrical Engineering and a Master of Industrial Property, she is well placed to advise clients on the practical implications of contracts and settlements and on information security and cyber matters.
She is a former Director of the Australian Information Security Association (AISA) and is a member of the Queensland Law Society Cyber Security working group.
Prior to entering the law she worked in the IT industry for 10 years including within the encryption industry. This allows her to take into account the wider practical impact on her clients’ businesses.
Over the last 15 years Nicole has advised some of the world's largest software, mining, food production and technology companies in all aspects of their information security, technology and intellectual property legal needs including:
- cyber security, privacy and information security matters;
- data theft and protection of confidential information;
- data breach notifications under the Privacy Act;
- obtaining and acting in Anton Piller/civilian search orders to protect confidential information;
- corporations law, including regulation compliance and directors' duties;
- commercialisation advice including patents, trade marks, designs, copyright, litigation and licensing;
- infringement advice;
- IP asset protection strategies;
- strategic filing advice and clearance to use advices; and
- IP due diligence and audits.