Principal Lawyer/Managing Director, Immigration Solutions Lawyers Pty Ltd
Suite 1304, World Tower, 87-89 Liverpool Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
+61 2 9264 6432
Anne O’Donoghue is an accredited specialist in immigration law with over 27 years’ experience in the field. She is the managing director and principal lawyer of Immigration Solutions Lawyers.
Anne was admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of Victoria in 1981, the Supreme Court of NSW in 1987 and in the High Court of Australia in 1982. She is a member of the Law Society of NSW and has been instrumental in developing the field of immigration law in NSW. She was the founding vice president of what is now known as the Migration Law Committee of the LCA. In December 2012, she was appointed a member of the LCA’s International Law Section Executive. Anne was the Co-Chair of the Immigration and Nationality Law committee (INLC) of the IBA from January, 2019 until December, 2020. Anne is now the Immediate Past Co-Chair of the INCL.
In 2019, Anne was a member of the IBA Presidential Task Force on the Refugee Crisis Initiative and co-moderator of the IBA’s Seoul session. Subsequently, Anne received the Law Society of NSW President’s Medal Highly Commended award for her work.
In January 2020, she was appointed as a member of the Advisory Board of the Professional Ethics Committee of the IBA. In January 2021, Anne was appointed as a member of the IBA Working Group on Modern Slavery. She is extensively involved in the field of immigration law internationally. Anne has been listed in WWL: Corporate Immigration for ten consecutive years (2011–2020). In 2019, Anne was invited to feature in WWL Thought Leaders: Corporate Immigration 2019. In the year 2020, and 2021 Anne was recognised as a Thought Leader, Global Leader and National Leader by the WWL.
Anne is a recognised and published international author:
- The Corporate Immigration Review: Australia 2020 10th edition
- Expert Analysis Chapter – ICLG Corporate Immigration – Global Overview on Modern Slavery and Corporate Supply Chain Compliance 2020
- Expert Analysis Chapter – ICLG International Labour Rights and Modern Slavery 2021
- Expert Analysis Chapter – ICLG Corporate Immigration – Global Overview on Modern Slavery and Corporate Supply Chain Compliance 2021
- International Bar Association- Covid-19 and Modern Slavery in Australia 2020 Article
- International Comparative Legal Guides (Employment and Labour Law 2021)- International Labour Rights and Modern Slavery, Australia 2021
- International Comparative Legal Guides – Digital Business 2021
Anne is very committed to championing the importance of Australian immigration lawyers gaining recognition in the global market and the internationalisation of their practices. Anne has passion and a commitment to human rights in particular modern slavery.